Thursday 28 June 2012

Stop-Motion Reflection


This is my final edit of the stop-motion animation. It was also chosen by the group to be the group's final animation and the one that we used when getting feedback via a survey.

Overall I'm quite happy with my edit, however the animation itself could have been better. We did make quite a few plans as to how the animation was going to look and how we were going to do it, but because we were unable to get a hold of the resources we needed, we had to come up with a different idea on the day of the creation, coming up with ideas as we went along. I'm quite happy with my choice of sound files, as I think they all seemed to fit quite well and allowed me to make the animation a little more entertaining.

For the credits and the opening screen I chose to make them in flash, as I found Windows Live Movie Maker too basic and limited to meet my needs. I am very happy about making the decision to use Flash, as it looks a lot better than anything I could have done using Movie Maker. Also, a lot of the comments that people have made about the video, is complimenting it on the quality of the credits and opening screen.

I think that the music I chose to use was very good, as it complimented the mood of the action quite well, and I also managed to synchronise it quite well with the credits.

For the animation itself, in the end I am quite happy with how it turned out, considering the circumstances that we made it in. The animation was fairly easy to follow and when people watch it, we don't have to explain everything. One part that could be improved was the walk cycle of the main character when he's walking down the road, as he doesn't swing his arms when he's walking, which looks a little strange. Another thing that we could have done better is the backgrounds. Although the actual art work was of good quality and to a high standard, we where rushing quite a bit when printing them out. This resulted in us just printing them off on A3 paper and leaving on the white borders, so it didn't look very professional.

So overall, like I said, the animation itself could have been a bit better but considering how rushed we were, we did quite well. However, the editing I am very happy with and I think it improved the overall professional  level of the animation quite a lot.

1 comments:

Heather said...

What a great animation, you've really thought about what you were trying to get across. The soundtrack goes well with the movement of the characters. Just think of what could be achieved with better resources.....

Post a Comment