Tuesday 10 January 2012

10 Second Cutscene Animation - The Idea and Inspiration

For my ten second cutscene animation I have chosen Fallout. What I will be doing is continuing the first cutscene at the beginning of the game when you are sent out of Vault 13 into the wasteland, tasked with finding a Water Chip to replace the broken one.

Here's the cutscene from the game itself

This cutscene will have been created sometime during 1997 when the game was first released. My animation will follow this, showing the protagonist, the Vault Dweller, walking through the opening and the vault door closing. I also expect I will be adding some sound affects, rats squeaking, the groan of the metal vault door closing and the blaring sirens that accompany the opening of vault doors. I have many references for how the entire scene looks, from the in-game location to other cutscenes throughout the game.



0 comments:

Post a Comment